martes, 12 de mayo de 2015


You talk about watercolors but I see many oil works as well. When did you start with this?


Well, once again Mallorca. When I started living in Palma, I met a group of painters, one of them, Rafael Bestard, has obtained awards and good exhibitions. We used to meet on the Casal Balaguer to do some sketches with live models and after go to grab some dinner at Can Toni, a small bar near Santa Creu church.
That was on 1997, and I was working hard as a doctor in a private clinic in Palma. But I was single, young and full of energy. One night I met a woman that was going to be my model for the next 10 years. Just like that, in a disco. Since then we met from time to time to take pictures and nude painting. 

She was so happy to let me take pictures and paintings, always grateful to stand for hours in front of my camera, sometimes under cold or rain, and at the end she got a big collection of pictures, paintings, watercolors and litographs. Her name was Elena.










No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario