lunes, 11 de mayo de 2015




 I see you painted many years still lives and landscapes. How did you started with nudes?

It´s a long story. In 1995 I went to spend the summer holidays in Florence, Italy, a city full of history and flavors. I took some Italian and painting of the body lessons at the school Lorenzo de Medicis. 
All the students were young ladies from around the world. I was the only male. So exciting. Painting, parties and love. At that time I was suffering the hardest times on my medical training is Spain. I did not have much interest about the humans as an artist topic. I felt more than fed up in the hospital about human miseries.
That was the reason I painted everything but people. It happened the same with my photographs. No people. Only rotten walls, closed doors, winter gardens, or animals.
But then I met an excellent teacher, Elise, and she changed my mind. She showed to me that my sensibility was hurt and hidden. And she help me to let it show again. 
Also, when I arrived to Spain, I met a cartoon designer and he was so funny guy, and he taught me the fast watercolor sketches. An expressionist and flamenco dancer was our model. I became addicted to her movements, her postures. I did hundreds and thousands of watercolors. 
I enjoyed all the watercolor work from Auguste Rodin, and the expression of Egon Schielle paintings as well. That was a very intense period in my life.





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario