lunes, 11 de mayo de 2015

Did Caravaggio paint still lives? I am not aware of it.

He did, and for the first time looking at Barocco artists, I saw a fruit composition with the shadows in it, not outside. I was so sensual, mysterious. 
When I was living in Mallorca, a friend borrowed me a cottage with a precious garden full of orange and lemon trees. I spent there four days and nights painting all that came from that trees, alone, on my own, only with my silences, some music and great Mediterranean food. It was in the Fornalux valley, an extension of orchards with perfumed trees and snake like roads, surrounding the villa of Soller, in the north of the island.

When I returned to Palma, I had in my car one of my best collections of still lives, with all the light of Mallorca. I sold most of them. 



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario