lunes, 11 de mayo de 2015

Which was your more difficult work?


I guess it was a view from Sevilla. I wanted to paint the Santa Cruz neighborhood, with all that roof maze, and the white façades. I choose a 2 mt per 1.5 mt canvas. My first and last time. It took me more than a month to paint that image. I prepared the canvas with beach sand, to create the feeling of painting in a wall, like the frescos. But I was wrong. The sand literally ate my brushes, I had to use diluted in turpentine oil paint as if it was watercolor, and the physical effort was tremendous. I was so tired at the end that when I finished the painting I wanted to burn it.

But I had promised the canvas to my father. And when he saw it, he loved it at once. He had very good memories from Sevilla, where he spent time on his military service. And he put it in the main wall in our saloon, in the family house, and it is still there.






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario